24-Hour Emergency Department: From cardiac emergencies and strokes to broken bones and sudden illness, the emergency departments at Rockville General Hospital is staffed to treat the needs of the community with emergent and urgent injuries or illnesses.
- Rockville General Hospital is a part of Eastern Connecticut Health Network, a nationally recognized network of hospitals, outpatient healthcare service centers and hundreds of medical providers and specialists in dozens of locations serving eastern Connecticut residents.
- Annual volume of 15,235 patients per year
- 20 total ED beds
- Convenient access to laboratory, medical imaging and behavioral health services right within the hospital
- Access to a wide array of specialists at the hospital
- Classified as a Primary Stroke Center by earning The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval with Advanced Certification.
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Target: StrokeSM Award. This recognition is based on a set of quality measures developed to reduce the time between the patient’s arrival at the hospital and treatment with the clot-buster tissue plasminogen activator, or tPA, the only drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat ischemic stroke.