Manchester Memorial Hospital
24-Hour Emergency Department: From cardiac emergencies and strokes to broken bones and sudden illness, the emergency departments at Manchester Memorial Hospital are staffed to treat the needs of the community with emergent and urgent injuries or illnesses.
- Manchester Memorial Hospital is a part of Eastern Connecticut Health Network, a nationally recognized network of hospitals, outpatient healthcare service centers and hundreds of medical providers and specialists in dozens of locations serving eastern Connecticut residents.
- Annual volume of 31,736 patients per year
- 38 total ED beds
- Convenient access to laboratory, medical imaging and behavioral health services right within the hospital
- Access to a wide array of specialists at the hospital
- Classified as a Primary Stroke Center by earning The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval with Advanced Certification.
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes our commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
- Manchester Memorial Hospital received the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. The award recognizes hospitals scoring in the top 10% in the nation for patient safety, with the lowest occurrences of 14 preventable patient safety events. Manchester Memorial Hospital is the only hospital in Greater Hartford to achieve this recognition and one of only two hospitals in all of Connecticut.
- Manchester Memorial Hospital received a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The star rating summarizes a variety of measures across the five key areas of quality, including mortality, safety of care, readmission, patient experience and timely and effective care. The overall rating shows how well each hospital performed on an identified set of quality measures compared to other hospitals in the U.S.